Sunday, October 31, 2010

Waiting for Something Big

I used to think that life was about events.  I have been waiting to write on my Blog until something BIG happened.  What I am beginning to realize is that life is about small moments.  If the moments give me energy, I usually classify them as hopeful.   Small moments can make a hopeful week or day. 

I was listening to the Vinyl Cafe on CBC Radio recently.  The host Stuart McLean announced his annual Arthur Award winners for people who do small acts of kindness and it made me smile.  His tribute to lemon pie helped me to plan making a lemon pie from scratch.  The Shaw repair man provided great customer service on Saturday.  I am noticing how much my Personal Care Attendant and I are laughing these days.  None of this will make a big difference but it gave me energy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment